Jets goalie Ondrej Pavelec sentenced
The 24-year-old Pavelec also received a six-month suspended prison sentence for causing a traffic accident May 26 in his hometown of Kladno, west of the capital Prague.
Pavelec hit a car with his BMW. There were no injuries.
Judge Ivo Postulka announced the sentence in a court in Kladno on Tuesday. He says the driving ban will go into effect July 10 and will be enforced in the Czech Republic only.
Pavelec signed a new five-year contract with Jets in June.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Panthers jump Sabres to win NHL draft lottery
- Malkin aims to return for Game 1 of playoffs
- Predators coach Trotz out after 15 seasons
- Hartley's boss defends coach over Sedin hit
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Winnipeg Jets Team Logo Blue T-Shirt