Red Wings agree with Kyle Quincey
The team announced the agreement Wednesday that avoided arbitration.
Detroit drafted Quincey 132nd overall in 2003 and the Red Wings got him back from Colorado last season for a first-round pick in a three-team trade. He had three points in 18 games with the Red Wings and 23 points in 54 games with the Avalanche last season.
The 26-year-old Quincey has 18 goals and 95 career points in Detroit, Colorado and Los Angeles.
The Red Wings will be counting on Quincey to help a defense that will be without Nicklas Lidstrom and Brad Stuart. Lidstrom retired this offseason and Detroit dealt Stuart to San Jose instead of losing him for nothing in free agency.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Panthers jump Sabres to win NHL draft lottery
- Malkin aims to return for Game 1 of playoffs
- Predators coach Trotz out after 15 seasons
- Hartley's boss defends coach over Sedin hit
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Colorado Avalanche Team Logo Blue Practice Flexfit Hat