Penguins fire team physician, staff
The Pittsburgh Penguins have fired team physician Charles Burke and the rest of their medical staff, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported Thursday.
Burke told the Tribune-Review he was fired July 10 at the Penguins' prospect camp.
The Penguins are working with University of Pittsburgh Medical Center on a proposed move to a new facility in Cranberry, Pa., the newspaper reported, citing anonymous sources. UPMC officials will assume care of the team next year.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Seabrook suspended 3 games for Backes hit
- Bruins muscle up to even series with Wings
- Sharks score 7 unanswered, lead Kings 2-0
- Habs edge Lightning, take 3-0 series lead
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Youth Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby #87 Player Replica T-Shirt