Penguins fire team physician, staff
The Pittsburgh Penguins have fired team physician Charles Burke and the rest of their medical staff, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported Thursday.
Burke told the Tribune-Review he was fired July 10 at the Penguins' prospect camp.
The Penguins are working with University of Pittsburgh Medical Center on a proposed move to a new facility in Cranberry, Pa., the newspaper reported, citing anonymous sources. UPMC officials will assume care of the team next year.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars 'happy' Peverley able to visit practice
- GM: Tortorella talk 'rumor and speculation'
- Capitals bring back Orlov for two years, $4M
- Backlund, Flames bombard struggling Ducks
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby #87 Sand Cyber Name and Number T-Shirt