Penguins fire team physician, staff
The Pittsburgh Penguins have fired team physician Charles Burke and the rest of their medical staff, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported Thursday.
Burke told the Tribune-Review he was fired July 10 at the Penguins' prospect camp.
The Penguins are working with University of Pittsburgh Medical Center on a proposed move to a new facility in Cranberry, Pa., the newspaper reported, citing anonymous sources. UPMC officials will assume care of the team next year.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Tatar agrees to 3-year deal with Red Wings
- Maple Leafs sign Winnik to 1-year contract
- Brassard, Rangers agree on five-year deal
- Bruins add NHL vet Sacco to coaching staff
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Women's Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby #87 Home Black Premier Player Jersey