Flyers renew affiliation with Trenton
VOORHEES, N.J. -- The Philadelphia Flyers reached a minor league affiliation with the Trenton Titans of the East Coast Hockey League on Monday.
The Titans also served as the Flyers' ECHL affiliate last season, and under this agreement, players contracted to either the Flyers or the Adirondack Phantoms of the American Hockey League can be assigned to Trenton. The Titans play in Trenton's Sun National Bank Center.
"We look forward to working closely with Trenton on developing future Flyers in a winning environment," Philadelphia general manager Paul Holmgren said.
"Our relationship has always been strong with the Flyers and we look forward to taking that to the next level," Trenton president Rich Lisk said. "I am happy to call Trenton the home of future Philadelphia Flyers."
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Ovechkin nets 4 to key Caps to SO victory
- Rangers' Callahan (knee) to miss 4-6 weeks
- Bruins prevail in Iginla's return to Calgary
- Bettman: Players learning how to hit safely
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Old Time Hockey Men's Philadelphia Flyers Venture Black/Orange Knit Hat