Andrej Meszaros out indefinitely
Meszaros was injured last week during summer training in Slovakia, and had surgery in Philadelphia on Tuesday, Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren said in a statement.
Meszaros missed 20 games last season and the first 10 of Philadelphia's 11 postseason games. He had back surgery on March 21, to remove a disk fragment that was impinging on a nerve root, and returned for Game 5 of the second-round series against New Jersey.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Struggling Flames fire GM Feaster, assistant
- Wings goalie Howard (knee) out 2-4 weeks
- Jackets' McElhinney day to day; Wisniewski out
- Flyers' Schenn hit with max cross-checking fine
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Philadelphia Flyers 2013 Center Ice Collection Quarter-Zip Baselayer Shirt