Kyle Turris gets 5-year extension
The 23-year-old Turris scored 12 goals and 17 assists last season, both career highs. The deal, which is worth an average of $3.5 million per year, will keep Turris in Ottawa through the 2017-18 season.
Turris was acquired by the Senators in a December 2011 trade with the Coyotes that sent defenseman David Rundblad and a second-round draft pick to Phoenix.
In 186 career games, Turris has 31 goals and 44 assists with 70 penalty minutes.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars' Peverley undergoing tests on heart
- NHL GMs to recommend changes for faceoffs
- Paille to miss two games due to concussion
- Kings F Nolan suspended 1 game for punch
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Ottawa Senators Two Pack Backseat Utility Mats