Coyotes sign Lucas Lessio
GLENDALE, Ariz. -- The Phoenix Coyotes have signed forward Lucas Lessio, a second-round pick in the 2011 draft, to an entry-level contract.
Coyotes general manager Don Maloney announced the deal on Tuesday, but didn't disclose financial details.
The 19-year-old Lessio had 34 goals and 25 assists in 66 regular-season games last season for the Oshawa Generals of the OHL, and added three goals and two assists in six playoff games. He tied for the team lead in goals and was second in points.
Lessio also took part in last month's Canada-Russia Challenge, a four-game international tournament between junior teams. He scored a goal in Game 4 to help Canada win.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Peverley gets standing ovation at Stars game
- Penguins' Neal diagnosed with concussion
- Backstrom to get silver medal despite drug test
- Lundqvist ties Richter for Rangers' win record
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Phoenix Coyotes Red Executive Crew Neck Sweater