Caps sign Troy Brouwer to extension
The Capitals said Wednesday that Brouwer will earn $3.6 million during the 2013-14 season, $3.65 million in 2014-15 and $3.75 million in 2015-16.
The 27-year-old Brouwer had 18 goals and 15 assists last season while playing in all 82 regular-season games. He scored two goals with two assists in the playoffs.
The Capitals acquired Brouwer in a trade with the Chicago Blackhawks a year ago. He then signed a two-year, $4.7 million contract with Washington.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Sutter SO goal lifts Penguins over Rangers
- Jagr passes Yzerman as Devils beat Sens
- Steen, Blues agree to 3-year, $17.4M extension
- Wild put Harding on IR to work on MS meds
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Washington Capitals Reversible Center Ice Collection Player Knit Hat