Leafs sign goalie Ben Scrivens
Scrivens will receive $600,000 in 2012-13 and $625,000 in 2013-14, a source tells ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun.
Scrivens made his NHL debut, recorded his first win and stopped 38 shots in the Leafs' 4-1 victory on Nov. 3 at Columbus. He played 12 games for the Leafs, going 4-5-2 with a 3.13 goals against average and a .903 save percentage.
Scrivens played most of last season in the American Hockey League, where he helped the Toronto Marlies reach the Calder Cup final. In 39 regular-season games with the Marlies, Scrivens was 22-15-1, with four shutouts, an AHL-best 2.04 goals against average and a .926 save percentage.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Columbus' Johansen steals show at skills event
- Sources: NHL mulls Ryder Cup-style tourney
- TB's Johnson misses skills event, iffy for ASG
- Russian KHL eyes cap cuts amid financial crisis
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Forever Collectibles Toronto Maple Leafs Winter Classic Rally Monkey