Caps re-sign John Carlson for 6 years
The Capitals announced Friday that Carlson will earn $3.8 million in the upcoming season and $4 million each season from 2013-14 through 2017-18.
The 22-year-old Carlson had nine goals and 23 assists while playing in all 82 games last season. He ranked second on the team in ice time per game and led the club whith 153 blocked shots. He also had two goals and three assists in the playoffs.
Carlson had 37 points in 2010-11, when he was selected to the NHL's all-rookie team.
Carlson was the No. 27 overall pick by the Capitals in the 2008 draft.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Panthers jump Sabres to win NHL draft lottery
- Malkin aims to return for Game 1 of playoffs
- Predators coach Trotz out after 15 seasons
- Hartley's boss defends coach over Sedin hit
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Women's Washington Capitals Alex Ovechkin #8 Home Red Premier Player Jersey