Rick Nash injured in Swiss League
Nash, acquired in a trade by the Rangers from Columbus over the summer, suffered a shoulder injury after being hit into the boards. He played one more shift before leaving.
A source confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com that Nash's injury is not serious and that an MRI showed no structural damage. Nash is believed to have suffered a bone bruise on his shoulder, and is listed as day to day.
"Rick was taken out for precautionary reasons," Nash's agent, Joe Resnick, told ESPN.com. "He'll be re-evaluated over the next few days by the team (Davos), and we'll see the extent of the injury, if any."
Information from ESPNNewYork.com's Katie Strang and The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Vanek helping authorities in federal probe
- Leafs hire analytics guru Dubas as asst. GM
- Rangers, Zuccarello avoid arbitration with deal
- Stars agree to four-year deal with Roussel
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's New York Rangers Rick Nash #61 Navy Alternate Premier Jersey