Cody Franson in Sweden for season
Defending Swedish champion Brynas said Monday that Franson, who was a free agent, is committed to playing in the Elite League for the entire season.
The Swedish league has said its teams cannot sign NHL players to short-term contracts that last only for the duration of the lockout, although the country's second division has not imposed those restrictions.
Franson says on the club's website that "it feels very inspiring coming to Brynas, and staying the entire season."
Franson had 21 points in 57 games last season.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Seabrook suspended 3 games for Backes hit
- Bruins muscle up to even series with Wings
- Sharks score 7 unanswered, lead Kings 2-0
- Habs edge Lightning, take 3-0 series lead
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Sparo Toronto Maple Leafs Player Watch