Brayden Schenn suspended 1 game
Brendan Shanahan, the NHL's new disciplinarian, handed down his first verdict of the season, suspending Philadelphia Flyers forward Brayden Schenn one game Wednesday for charging New Jersey Devils defenseman Anton Volchenkov.
Shanahan conducted a phone interview with Schenn earlier Wednesday before making his decision.
Schenn left his feet to hit Volchenkov in the second period of Tuesday night's game. No penalty was called and the play wasn't a point of emphasis during media coverage of the game.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Struggling Flames fire GM Feaster, assistant
- Wings' Howard hurts knee; Zetterberg to IR
- Canes' Semin activated from IR after 12 games
- Capitals loan Neuvirth to AHL for conditioning
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Old Time Hockey Men's Philadelphia Flyers Orange Claude Giroux #28 Lace-Up Jersey Hoodie