Sharks change ownership group
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- San Jose Sharks majority owner Hasso Plattner has purchased the shares formerly held by investors Kevin Compton and Stratton Sclavos and will now serve as the team's representative on the NHL's Board of Governors.
The Sharks announced the change on Wednesday.
Plattner says there will be no changes to the day-to-day operations with general manager Doug Wilson overseeing the hockey operations and Malcolm Bordelon in charge of the business side.
Plattner has been part of the ownership group since 2002 and has been the majority owner since 2010. He founded software maker SAP AG and has been chairman of the supervisory board and chief software adviser since retiring as CEO in 2003.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Iginla's 2 goals give Bruins 8th straight win
- Read, Flyers shut out short-handed Penguins
- Habs to have Price back in goal against Sens
- Peverley gets standing ovation at Stars game
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's San Jose Sharks Joe Thornton #19 Home Teal Premier Jersey