Jackets put Nikita Nikitin on IR
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- The Columbus Blue Jackets have placed defenseman Nikita Nikitin on injured reserve retroactive to Jan. 29 and have recalled defenseman Nick Holden from their American Hockey League affiliate in Springfield, Mass.
Nikitin, who has two assists and six penalty minutes in seven games this season, suffered an upper-body injury at Minnesota on Tuesday and is expected to be sidelined up to a week.
The 25-year-old Holden has four goals and 18 assists with 26 penalty minutes and a plus-13 rating in 44 games with Springfield this season. Holden was scoreless in his only five NHL games with the Blue Jackets during the 2010-11 season.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Iginla's 2 goals give Bruins 8th straight win
- Read, Flyers shut out short-handed Penguins
- Habs to have Price back in goal against Sens
- Peverley gets standing ovation at Stars game
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Trademark Games Columbus Blue Jackets Framed Hockey Rink Mirror