Jackets put Jack Johnson on IR
Johnson has a goal and seven assists in 17 games this year while averaging over 26 minutes on the ice per game. He sustained an upper-body injury in Saturday night's 2-1 loss at St. Louis. He will be evaluated further by club doctors after the Blue Jackets return to Columbus at the end of a six-game road trip Sunday night at Chicago.
The 20-year-old Johansen has two assists in 10 games with the Blue Jackets this season and has totaled nine goals and 14 assists in 77 career NHL games with Columbus.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Vanek helping authorities in federal probe
- Kirilenko ends engagement to Caps' Ovechkin
- Leafs, defenseman Franson avoid arbitration
- Rangers agree to terms with vet Stempniak
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Franklin Columbus Blue Jackets Kids' Uniform Set