Ville Leino could return next week
In ruling out Leino from playing at Philadelphia on Sunday, interim coach Ron Rolston called it a "strong possibility" he could play Tuesday, when Buffalo hosts the New York Rangers.
Leino practiced for a fourth straight day Friday. That's a turnaround from last month, when there were concerns he was going to require surgery.
Rolston ruled out Andrej Sekera from playing Sunday, after the defenseman was hurt in the third period of a 3-2 shootout loss at New Jersey on Thursday. Defenseman Jordan Leopold is close to returning after missing eight games with an upper body injury.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Letang practices with Pens, but return uncertain
- Blues' Tarasenko needs surgery, out 6 weeks
- Boychuk (leg) out for Bruins, is day to day
- Stajan thankful for support after death of son
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Buffalo Sabres Ville Leino #23 Navy T-Shirt