Flames activate Mikael Backlund
CALGARY, Alberta -- The Calgary Flames activated center Mikael Backlund from injured reserve on Saturday and sent left wing Sven Baertschi to Abbotsford of the American Hockey League to make room on the roster.
Backlund was out more than four weeks with a Grade 2 medial collateral ligament sprain suffered Feb. 7 against the Columbus Blue Jackets. The 23-year-old has three goals, an assist and a minus-1 rating in eight games with the Flames.
Baertschi started the season with Abbotsford, playing 21 games with six goals and 12 assists. He joined the Flames for the start of the NHL season, but suffered a hip flexor injury that forced him to miss 11 games. He has an assist and a minus-2 rating in 10 NHL games.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Peverley gets standing ovation at Stars game
- Penguins' Neal diagnosed with concussion
- Backstrom to get silver medal despite drug test
- Lundqvist ties Richter for Rangers' win record
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Trademark Games Calgary Flames Pub Table