Sabres re-sign forward John Scott
Listed at 6-foot-8 and 270 pounds, Scott had no points and 69 penalty minutes in 34 games last season. The Sabres acquired Scott by signing him to a one-year contract in free agency last summer to add size and grit to their roster.
He split the 2011-12 season with Chicago and the New York Rangers. He broke into the NHL in 2008-09, and played his first two seasons with the Minnesota.
Over five seasons, Scott has a goal and four assists and 305 penalty minutes in 180 career games.
The team announced the signing on Monday morning.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Iginla's 2 goals give Bruins 8th straight win
- Read, Flyers shut out short-handed Penguins
- Habs to have Price back in goal against Sens
- Peverley gets standing ovation at Stars game
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Youth Buffalo Sabres Drew Stafford #21 Navy T-Shirt