Prospective owners sign lease
GLENDALE, Ariz. -- The prospective owners of the Phoenix Coyotes have signed their lease agreement for Jobing.com Arena.
Daryl Jones, partner with Renaissance Sports & Entertainment, tweeted on Monday that the lease agreement with the City of Glendale has been executed.
The Glendale City Council approved a 15-year, $225 million arena lease deal with RSE during a special session last week.
RSE still has to complete its purchase of the team and get approval from the NHL's Board of Governors, but those are expected to be formalities.
The Coyotes have been run by the league the past four years after former owner Jerry Moyes took the team into bankruptcy in 2009.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars' Peverley out for season after collapse
- GM: Tortorella talk 'rumor and speculation'
- Capitals bring back Orlov for two years, $4M
- Backlund, Flames bombard struggling Ducks
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Trademark Games Phoenix Coyotes 40'' Tiffany Lamp