Blues re-sign forward Chris Stewart
The 25-year-old Stewart was a restricted free agent after leading the team in scoring. He played in all 48 games and had 36 points, including 18 goals, in the lockout-shortened season. Stewart was scheduled to have an arbitration hearing on Monday.
Stewart has 100 goals and 202 points in 319 career NHL games, including 48 goals and 89 points in 153 games with the Blues. Stewart was acquired by St. Louis with defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk from the Colorado Avalanche in 2011 for former No. 1 overall pick Erik Johnson.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Struggling Flames fire GM Feaster, assistant
- Wings' Howard hurts knee; Zetterberg to IR
- Canes' Semin activated from IR after 12 games
- Capitals loan Neuvirth to AHL for conditioning
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's St. Louis Blues Traverse Soft Shell Full-Zip Royal Jacket