Jets sign defenseman Zach Redmond
The deal with the 24-year-old Redmond, who had a goal and three assists in eight games with the Jets last season, was announced by the team on Saturday.
Redmond's season with Winnipeg ended after he was cut on the right thigh by a skate during practice and underwent immediate surgery. He returned to play in two games with the St. John's IceCaps of the American Hockey League.
The Texas native was selected by the Atlanta Thrashers in the seventh round of the 2008 NHL Draft.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Tatar agrees to 3-year deal with Red Wings
- Maple Leafs sign Winnik to 1-year contract
- Brassard, Rangers agree on five-year deal
- Bruins add NHL vet Sacco to coaching staff
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Winnipeg Jets MTS Centre Signature Rink Photo