Blues give Jake Allen 2-year deal
Allen was 9-4-0 with a 2.46 goals-against average to lead rookie goalies, filling in when Jaroslav Halak was injured and Brian Elliott was slumping. His .692 winning percentage was a franchise rookie record and he was the team's first rookie to win at least nine games since Curtis Joseph in 1989-90.
With Halak and Elliott also under contract next year, Allen could start the year in the minors. He was a second-round pick in the 2008 draft.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Struggling Flames fire GM Feaster, assistant
- Wings' Howard hurts knee; Zetterberg to IR
- Canes' Semin activated from IR after 12 games
- Capitals loan Neuvirth to AHL for conditioning
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Tervis St. Louis Blues 16 oz Colossal Wrap Tumbler