David Booth (ankle) still sidelined
VANCOUVER, British Columbia -- Canucks forward David Booth isn't ready to hit the ice yet at training camp.
The 28-year-old Vancouver veteran is still sidelined by an ankle injury sustained last season, and Canucks general manager Mike Gillis says Wednesday that Booth hasn't been cleared to play.
Booth is one of the Canucks' highest-paid players at $4.2 million per season. He was limited to 12 games last season because of injuries after the NHL lockout ended.
The Detroit native scored just one goal last season -- into an empty net -- and added two assists.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Peverley gets standing ovation at Stars game
- Penguins' Neal diagnosed with concussion
- Backstrom to get silver medal despite drug test
- Lundqvist ties Richter for Rangers' win record
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Vancouver Canucks 2013 Draft Flex Fit Blue Hat