John Tortorella wants to limit tweets
VANCOUVER, British Columbia -- New Vancouver Canucks coach John Tortorella doesn't want his players to get too social on Twitter.
Tortorella wants his players to limit their Twitter use because he says the social media site is "nothing but trouble."
He won't ban players from using it, but he said they better make sure they don't tweet any information from the locker room.
Tortorella has his own Twitter page. He is a dog lover and uses his Twitter account for fundraising causes related to canines.
Tortorella was known for clashing with the media during his days as coach of the New York Rangers. He's trying to get along better with reporters on the West Coast, but says some information must "stay in the room."
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Ovechkin nets 4 to key Caps to SO victory
- Rangers' Callahan (knee) to miss 4-6 weeks
- Bruins prevail in Iginla's return to Calgary
- Bettman: Players learning how to hit safely
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Vancouver Canucks Blue Replica Third Jersey