Sam Gagner out with broken jaw
Gagner was hurt in Edmonton's 5-2 exhibition win over the Canucks on Saturday.
Gagner collided on the side boards with Vancouver's Zack Kassian, and Kassian's stick knocked out some of Gagner's teeth.
Kassian received a four-minute penalty on the play.
The team says Gagner is out indefinitely.
The 24-year-old Gagner had 14 goals and 38 points in 48 games with the Oilers last season. He has 91 goals and 167 assists in 414 games over six seasons with Edmonton.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Pens' Letang cleared to practice after stroke
- Stars-Jackets game rescheduled for April 9
- Flyers beat Penguins for second straight day
- Sharks shrug off Rangers to win 6th straight
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Edmonton Oilers Royal Logo Blue T-Shirt