Sabres demote 6 to AHL Rochester
Cross Checks Blog
Scott Burnside and Pierre LeBrun write about all things happening in the NHL. Cross Checks
Buffalo opens the season Oct. 2 against the Detroit Red Wings.
McNabb and Ruhwedel were both regarded as contenders to make the Sabres' roster.
Teams have until Sept. 30 to set their 23-player rosters.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars' Peverley undergoing tests on heart
- NHL GMs to recommend changes for faceoffs
- Paille to miss two games due to concussion
- Kings F Nolan suspended 1 game for punch
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Buffalo Sabres Ryan Miller #30 Home Navy Premier Jersey