Golf great to open Jackets' season
Nicklaus, winner of 73 official PGA Tour victories and a record 18 major championships, will take part in the ceremonial puck drop prior to the Blue Jackets' season opener on Oct. 4 against Calgary at Nationwide Arena.
Play begins on Oct. 3 in the biennial team competition and runs through Oct. 6.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Struggling Flames fire GM Feaster, assistant
- St. Louis' SO goal delivers Lightning by Wings
- Jackets pounce early, extend Rangers' skid
- Backes scores twice as Blues beat Maple Leafs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Columbus Blue Jackets Blue Basic Logo Adjustable Hat