Marcus Foligno has upper-body injury
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Injured Buffalo Sabres forward Marcus Foligno did not practice with the team Monday, and coach Ron Rolston said it's unlikely he'll play in Wednesday's season opener against the Detroit Red Wings.
"I don't see it Wednesday," Rolston said. "I think he'll probably be in a position tomorrow where he can practice, but I don't think one day's going to help in terms of being ready."
Foligno sustained an upper body injury during a preseason game Sept. 22 against the Toronto Maple Leafs. He skated on his own prior to the Sabres' practice Monday.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Avs goalie Varlamov has charges dropped
- Sharks star rookie Hertl likely out a month
- Gaborik breaks collarbone in 1st game back
- Predators rookie Jones hit in face with puck
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Buffalo Sabres Puck Mat