Penguins put Kris Letang on IR
Letang will be out at least until Friday with what coach Dan Bylsma called a lower-body injury. The Norris Trophy finalist went down in practice last Friday and was re-evaluated in Pittsburgh on Monday. Vokoun is out indefinitely due to blood clots discovered in his pelvic region two weeks ago.
Bennett, who impressed Bylsma during the preseason, was sent to Wheeling of the ECHL. He will likely be recalled to Pittsburgh before the season opener against New Jersey on Thursday.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Wings' Howard hurts knee; Zetterberg to IR
- Sens' Cowen docked 2 games for blow to head
- Lightning's Panik is suspended for 2 games
- Rangers' Callahan (knee) to miss 4-6 weeks
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Pittsburgh Penguins Black "Property Of" T-Shirt