Penguins put Kris Letang on IR
Letang will be out at least until Friday with what coach Dan Bylsma called a lower-body injury. The Norris Trophy finalist went down in practice last Friday and was re-evaluated in Pittsburgh on Monday. Vokoun is out indefinitely due to blood clots discovered in his pelvic region two weeks ago.
Bennett, who impressed Bylsma during the preseason, was sent to Wheeling of the ECHL. He will likely be recalled to Pittsburgh before the season opener against New Jersey on Thursday.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars 'happy' Peverley able to visit practice
- Bruins win 7th straight for top spot in East
- Marleau, Pavelski power Sharks to SO win
- Blues stay on top with 3rd-period barrage
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Soft-Touch Men's Pittsburgh Penguins Kris Letang #58 Player Replica White T-Shirt