TORONTO -- Maple Leafs general manager Dave Nonis has been released from the hospital after feeling sick during Saturday night's game.
The team says the 47-year-old executive is doing "very well" after spending the night in the hospital. He became "unwell" during the second period against Ottawa and saw team physicians at Air Canada Centre.
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment said in a statement he went to the hospital as a precaution and for further tests.
Nonis is in his second season as Toronto's general manager.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars' Peverley collapses, game postponed
- Crosby fuels early flurry as Pens clip Caps
- GMs debate OT rules, goalies, video replay
- Kings F Nolan suspended 1 game for punch
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Toronto Maple Leafs 2014 NHL Winter Classic Premier Logo Blue T-Shirt
- NHL Home
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Columbus B. Jackets
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Washington Capitals
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Detroit Red Wings
- Florida Panthers
- Montreal Canadiens
- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs