Wings send Cory Emmerton to AHL
DETROIT -- The Detroit Red Wings have assigned center Cory Emmerton and goaltender Petr Mrazek to the AHL's Grand Rapids Griffins, recalled center Luke Glendening from Grand Rapids and removed goaltender Jonas Gustavsson from injured reserve.
The 25-year-old Emmerton has played in 125 games with the Red Wings since 2010, scoring 12 goals with eight assists. He played in all 48 regular-season games for Detroit in 2012-13.
Gustavsson is eligible to return when Detroit hosts the Philadelphia Flyers on Saturday night.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Peverley gets standing ovation at Stars game
- Penguins' Neal diagnosed with concussion
- Backstrom to get silver medal despite drug test
- Lundqvist ties Richter for Rangers' win record
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- G-III Men's Detroit Red Wings Option Play Tri-Blend Red T-Shirt