Matt Calvert to miss six weeks
The surgery was performed by Dr. William Meyers at the Vincera Institute in Philadelphia. Calvert is expected to be out for approximately six weeks.
The 23-year-old Calvert played in three games this season before the injury. He has 20 goals and 19 assists in 100 career NHL games, all with the Blue Jackets. Columbus selected the 5-foot-11, 187-pound left winger in the 2008 fifth round.
He was an important forechecker for the Blue Jackets a year ago as they made a run at the playoffs.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Ducks beat Kings after tying goal waived off
- Iginla's 2 goals give Bruins 8th straight win
- Bishop gets 31st win to set Lightning record
- Canadiens storm back to down Sens in OT
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Old Time Hockey Men's Columbus Blue Jackets Blue Alter Adjustable Hat