Matt Calvert to miss six weeks
The surgery was performed by Dr. William Meyers at the Vincera Institute in Philadelphia. Calvert is expected to be out for approximately six weeks.
The 23-year-old Calvert played in three games this season before the injury. He has 20 goals and 19 assists in 100 career NHL games, all with the Blue Jackets. Columbus selected the 5-foot-11, 187-pound left winger in the 2008 fifth round.
He was an important forechecker for the Blue Jackets a year ago as they made a run at the playoffs.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars' Peverley out for season after collapse
- GM: Tortorella talk 'rumor and speculation'
- Capitals bring back Orlov for two years, $4M
- Backlund, Flames bombard struggling Ducks
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth Columbus Blue Jackets Navy Sheen Wristlet