Adam Burish has back surgery
Executive vice president and general manager Doug Wilson said Dr. Robert Watkins performed the surgery in Los Angeles on Thursday.
The 30-year-old Burish is on injured reserve and hasn't played this season because of a disk problem.
The Sharks have not set a timetable for Burish's return to the ice.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Avs goalie Varlamov has charges dropped
- Sharks star rookie Hertl likely out a month
- Crosby nets 20th as Pens win 7th straight
- Vermette caps hat trick in OT to lift Coyotes
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- GameWear San Jose Sharks Classic Bracelet