Pekka Rinne still few weeks away
Rinne had surgery on his left hip May 9 and recovered in time to start the season. He then had arthroscopic surgery on Oct. 24 because of a bacterial infection in his hip.
The team said he will remain on crutches and antibiotics for at least the next couple of weeks before another MRI later this month. In a statement Sunday, the Predators said they "expect a full and complete recovery."
Rinne is 4-4-1 with a 2.31 goals-against average and a .917 save percentage this season.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Peverley gets standing ovation at Stars game
- Penguins' Neal diagnosed with concussion
- Backstrom to get silver medal despite drug test
- Lundqvist ties Richter for Rangers' win record
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Soft-Touch Men's Nashville Predators Pekka Rinne #35 Player Replica Gold T-Shirt