Jones (six months), former coach (63 months) sentenced to prison
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Marion Jones said she was scared. She said she was sorry. With a catch in her voice, she said her young sons needed her.
"I ask you to be as merciful as a human being can be," she implored the judge.
To no avail.
The former Olympic track gold medalist was sentenced to six months in prison Friday for lying to investigators about using performance-enhancing drugs and her role in a check-fraud scam.
And so ended a long fall from grace for the one-time ...
Read full story
JONES SENTENCED TO PRISON
JONES' PUNISHMENT COMPLETENEWS
• Jones released from Texas federal prison
• Report: Jones briefly moved to Bay Area prison
• IOC strips Jones' teammates of '00 relay medals
• Who gets Marion Jones' medals? IOC to discuss
• Thanou gets Jones' silver medal from '01 worlds
• Jones enters federal prison, starts sentence
• Jones' agent sentenced in bank fraud case
• Jones tells Oprah, 'I made a mistake'
• Jones receives six-month prison sentence
• IAAF annuls Jones' results dating to '00
• IOC might not give anyone Jones' gold
• Rogge: Jones' medals only to 'clean' athletes
• Jones' relay mate seems resigned to losing medal
• Greek officials hope Thanou gets Jones' gold
• IOC officials move to erase references to Jones
• Jones' relay mate wants to keep medal
• Jones gives back five medals from 2000 Games
• Jones pleads guilty in steroids, bank fraud cases
• Fainaru-Wada: Jones remains a cautionary tale
• Assael: Sentence sends strong message
• Assael: Guilty Jones needs to come clean
• Page 2's Hill: Let the truth sing
• Assael: Learning the lessons of Marion Jones
• Munson: Q&A about Jones' BALCO saga
• Kreidler: Bottom-feeders turned out to be right
• Your take on the Jones news
WATCH• First and 10: Jones breakdown
• Jones reportedly admits to steroid use
HISTORYJONES TESTS POSITIVE
• Jones fails drug test in June
• Jones 'shocked' by positive test result
• Jones' coach confirms EPO report
• Sources: Jones tests positive for EPO
• Wojnarowski: Jones too good to be true
• Jones withdraws from Weltklasse
• Fish: Graham says he believes Jones
• EPO has tripped up cyclists, runners
• Marion Jones timeline
• Conte speaks to ESPN The Magazine
• Hruby: Positive test excuses