U.S. tops Canada to win U-18 title
COLORADO SPINGS, Colo. -- The United States finished off a series of romps in the FIBA Americas Under-18 championships Tuesday night, beating Canada 113-79 for the gold medal.
The Americans used a well-rounded offense in which five players scored in double digits. Justise Winslow of Houston had 20 points and 10 rebounds for the United States. Winslow is headed to Duke.
Second place is Canada's best showing at the tournament. Dillon Brooks led Canada with 27 points and was the tournament's top scorer at 25.2 points per game.
Overall, the U.S. won its five games by an average of just under 57 points.
Copyright 2014 by The Associated Press
MORE OLYMPIC BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Durant, USA pull away from Spain to win gold
- Clippers' Paul has successful surgery on thumb
- Schmitt back to school after Olympic stardom
- Olympian Raisman, Poland Spring sign deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Zephyr Men's USA Hockey Uppercut Red/Navy Flex Hat