Two players added to select team
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- Boston Celtics center Greg Stiemsma and Lance Thomas of the New Orleans Hornets have been added to the select team of young players that will train against the U.S. men's Olympic basketball team.
Also, USA Basketball has announced that Orlando forward Ryan Anderson has withdrawn, leaving the roster at 14 players.
USA Basketball chairman Jerry Colangelo says Wednesday the Americans were committed to inviting two players from their Pan American Games team that won a bronze medal last summer.
The select team will train July 6-11 against the Americans in Las Vegas. The roster also includes Rookie of the Year Kyrie Irving, Jeremy Lin, John Wall, Kawhi Leonard, DeJuan Blair, DeMarcus Cousins, DeMar DeRozan, Derrick Favors, Gordon Hayward, Paul George, Taj Gibson and Klay Thompson.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE OLYMPIC BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Durant, USA pull away from Spain to win gold
- Clippers' Paul has successful surgery on thumb
- Schmitt back to school after Olympic stardom
- Olympian Raisman, Poland Spring sign deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MORE FROM ESPN BOSTON
- New Era Men's Boston Celtics Kelly Green 59Fifty Fitted Hat