Russians lead Skate America pairs
KENT, Wash. -- Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov took the Skate America pairs lead Friday night, scoring 65.78 points in the short program.
The Russians were second in the last two world championships and last year's Grand Prix final.
China's Qing Pang and Jian Tong were second at 61.96 after Jian fell early in the routine. They finished second in the 2010 Vancouver Olympics and won world titles in 2006 and 2010.
Americans Caydee Denney and John Coughlin were third at 60.75, followed by France's Vanessa James and Morgan Cipres at 55.76.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Coach K says ACC bubble teams are better
- MRI shows damage to Corbin's UCL in elbow
- Broncos, WR Sanders agree to 3-year deal
- Melo: Knicks bringing in Phil a 'power move'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Zephyr Men's USA Hockey Uppercut Navy/Red Flex Hat