Rachael Flatt to miss rest of season
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- Rachael Flatt, the 2010 U.S. champion and a 2010 Olympian, will sit out the rest of the season with a right leg injury.
Flatt is a full-time sophomore at Stanford University who trains in San Jose, Calif., with coaches Justin Dillon and Lynn Smith. She was scheduled to compete in the Ice Challenge in Graz, Austria, but has withdrawn and says Tuesday she also will not be back for the U.S. championships or any other events this season.
Flatt says she is "saddened that I will miss out on this season, but I feel it is my responsibility to take care of my general well being."
In addition to her U.S. title, Flatt was the 2008 world junior champion. She was seventh at the Vancouver Olympics in 2010.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Yankees' Pineda banned 10 games by MLB
- 49ers' Smith won't face felony in bomb hoax
- Oscar Robertson: Melo should bolt Knicks
- Sosa to 'clear it up,' sad to miss Cubs party
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Zephyr Men's USA Hockey Uppercut Navy/Red Flex Hat