Hayley Wickenheiser won while hurt
TORONTO -- Canadian hockey star Hayley Wickenheiser helped her country win the gold medal at the Sochi Olympics while playing with a broken foot.
She says she had the injury for about a year and found a way to work around it.
The veteran forward was wearing a walking boot at the Hockey Hall of Fame on Tuesday as a guest speaker at a summit on Canadian hockey.
Her Olympic gold medal in Sochi was the fourth of her career.
Copyright 2014 by The Associated Press
MORE OLYHOCKEY HEADLINES
- Durant, USA pull away from Spain to win gold
- Clippers' Paul has successful surgery on thumb
- Schmitt back to school after Olympic stardom
- Olympian Raisman, Poland Spring sign deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Zephyr Men's USA Hockey Uppercut Navy/Red Flex Hat