Sedins to play for Sweden
J.P. Barry, the Sedins' agent, confirmed Wednesday the twins will play for their homeland at the tournament. They will leave Vancouver for Stockholm on Friday after attending media availability to discuss the disappointing end of the Canucks' season.
The Swedes became available after the Canucks were eliminated from the Stanley Cup playoffs on Tuesday by the San Jose Sharks in four games.
This will mark the fifth time the Sedins have represented Sweden in world championship play. They helped their homeland win bronze medals in 2001 and 1999.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE OLYHOCKEY HEADLINES
- Durant, USA pull away from Spain to win gold
- Clippers' Paul has successful surgery on thumb
- Schmitt back to school after Olympic stardom
- Olympian Raisman, Poland Spring sign deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fan Mats Vancouver Canucks Carpet Tiles