Jeremy Lin may get scrimmage invite
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Jeremy Lin could earn an invitation to scrimmage against the U.S. Olympic men's basketball team this summer.
USA Basketball chairman Jerry Colangelo mentioned the Knicks guard as a candidate for the select team of young players who will work against the Americans during their training camp in Las Vegas.
But he won't play for the Americans in London even if he continues his superb play since becoming an NBA starter. The U.S. already has a roster of 20 players, and Colangelo says, "Everyone has to pay their dues. No exceptions."
But the select team could strengthen his chances for another time. A number of players in this year's U.S. Olympic pool, including All-Stars Kevin Durant, LaMarcus Aldridge and Andre Iguodala, were previous select team members.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE OLYMPICS HEADLINES
- Durant, USA pull away from Spain to win gold
- Clippers' Paul has successful surgery on thumb
- Schmitt back to school after Olympic stardom
- Olympian Raisman, Poland Spring sign deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MORE FROM ESPN NEW YORK
- adidas Youth New York Knicks Carmelo Anthony Replica Revolution 30 Blue Basketball Jersey