Usain Bolt might consider long jump
Usain Bolt, the two-time Olympic gold medalist in the 100 and 200 meters, is thinking of the long jump next.
Bolt said his coach wants him to consider moving up to the 400 meters, but he wants to try the long jump.
"It's just about making different goals; there's a lot of things I can do in the sport," Bolt said.
Bolt's fascination with other sports is nothing new. He has long talked about playing soccer at a world-class level. Last week, he claimed he and Jamaican sprint teammate Yohan Blake could play cricket.
Bolt, 26, has said he'll remain active in track with an eye on the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
"I could always try to aim for the records again," he said, according to Reuters. "So there's different things but after the season we'll decide what we want to do and work on that next season."
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Saban: Talks with Peyton, Gase not together
- Wings' Datsyuk sends top-seeded Bruins to loss
- Sources: Woodson 'bracing' for the worst
- 76ers owner terms 19-win season 'success'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's USA Hockey Navy Tri-Blend V-Neck T-Shirt