Sanya Richards-Ross has toe surgery
Four-time Olympic gold medalist runner Sanya Richards-Ross is recovering from toe surgery.
Richards-Ross posted on her Twitter page Wednesday that she had surgery Tuesday to alleviate pain in her right big toe. She says the severe pain has "progressively gotten worse every season."
She adds that she should have had the procedure done years ago but "kept waiting until after the Olympics."
She expects to be running without pain soon.
Richards-Ross won her first individual Olympic gold medal in London in the 400 meters. She also was part of the American team that won gold in the 1,600 relay. She also won relay gold in Athens in 2004 and Beijing in 2008.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Louisville takes first AAC final, tops UConn
- UCLA upsets No. 4 Arizona in Pac-12 final
- Melo: Knicks bringing in Phil a 'power move'
- Source: Tigers' Iglesias to sit out until break
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Canada Black Replica Hockey Jersey