Tina Maze plans to retire
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia -- Double gold medalist Tina Maze of Slovenia says the Sochi Olympics will be her final Winter Games.
The 30-year-old Maze, who tied for victory in the women's downhill and won the giant slalom, says "this is my last Olympics. This is it."
Maria Hoefl-Riesch of Germany, who won the super-combined, has also said she would not return for the 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics.
Maze completed her fourth Olympics in the slalom on Friday. Her eighth-place finish was her worst result in five events.
Maze also won two silver medals at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics, in super-G and giant slalom.
In a difficult season defending her overall World Cup title, Maze says "the only thing on my mind was this Olympics."
Copyright 2014 by The Associated Press
MORE OLYMPICS HEADLINES
- Durant, USA pull away from Spain to win gold
- Clippers' Paul has successful surgery on thumb
- Schmitt back to school after Olympic stardom
- Olympian Raisman, Poland Spring sign deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Canada Black Replica Hockey Jersey