Guilbaut Colas (ACL) out of moguls
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia -- Former moguls world champion Guilbaut Colas of France is out of the Olympics due to a knee injury.
The 30-year-old Colas sustained the injury during a training crash on Sunday. Colas was attempting to go over the final jump on the difficult course at Rosa Khutor Extreme Park when he landed awkwardly and tore the ACL in his left knee.
The 2011 world champion hasn't skied regularly since 2011. A back injury forced him to miss the 2012-13 season and he had just one top-10 finish in the run-up to Sochi.
Colas is a two-time Olympic veteran. He finished sixth in Vancouver in 2010 and 10th in Turin in 2006.
Copyright 2014 by The Associated Press
MORE OLYMPICS HEADLINES
- Durant, USA pull away from Spain to win gold
- Clippers' Paul has successful surgery on thumb
- Schmitt back to school after Olympic stardom
- Olympian Raisman, Poland Spring sign deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Russia Hockey Legend Red T-Shirt