Julie Chu to carry U.S. flag
SOCHI, Russia -- Four-time Olympian Julie Chu will carry the U.S. flag at the closing ceremony of the Sochi Games.
The U.S. Olympic Committee made the announcement Friday, a day after Chu earned a silver medal with the U.S. women's hockey team. It was her fourth Olympic medal -- she has three silvers and a bronze.
Chu says she is "completely humbled and kind of in shock" to be chosen.
A Harvard graduate, Chu has been with Team USA since the 2002 Winter Games in Salt Lake City.
The Americans lost 3-2 in overtime to Canada in the gold-medal game Thursday night.
Copyright 2014 by The Associated Press
MORE OLYMPICS HEADLINES
- Durant, USA pull away from Spain to win gold
- Clippers' Paul has successful surgery on thumb
- Schmitt back to school after Olympic stardom
- Olympian Raisman, Poland Spring sign deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2014 SOCHI OLYMPICS: DAY 15
A recap of our top stories and videos from Friday, Feb. 21 at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi:
NEWS & ANALYSIS
- Zephyr Men's USA Hockey Uppercut Navy/Red Flex Hat