|What were we thinking? We sent Kieran Darcy into a game of pool against former Playmate of the Year Jenny McCarthy, fully expecting him to uphold Page 2's honor. And what happens? Let's just say it's a good thing for Kieran that he wasn't playing "strip" pool. Next time, the editor takes this assignment!|
DARCY: CORNER POCKETS
Kobe, lecturing people on handling situations gracefully? "The List" finds that hard to fathom.
Page 2's Hunter S. Thompson says even with the baseball season over, we stand no chance against sports.
THE HOT LIST
With the regular season ready to tip off, here's what's sizzling and fizzling in the NBA.
AT LONG LAST
The Red Sox and Cubs were denied, but at least the Marlins' long drought has finally ended.
THE SPORTS GUY
After a summer of NBA TV and ESPN Classic, Bill Simmons wonders where is the NBA of old?
|If your favorite writer isn't on Page 2 today, click here to check out our full roster of columnists.|
|It's a "Here's Looking at You" classic: Los Angeles guard Kobe Bryant and Memphis rookie Troy Bell. This match was not requested by Jerry West. Browse our archives of past pairs or click here to submit a future duo.|
If you missed Page 2 over the last week, check out our back issues:
• Mon., Oct. 27: Hot in Herre
• Fri.., Oct. 24: Apocalypse Now
• Thur., Oct. 23: Office Space 2
• Wed., Oct. 22: What the Heck . . . ?
Other featured content:
• What the Heck Were They Thinking?
• All-Time World Series Rankings
• Baseball's Most Painful Losses
• 100 Greatest Home Runs of All Time
• Ballpark Tour: Final rankings
• Ultimate Scorecard: 101 best uniform numbers
• The most underrated athletes of all time
• The most overrated athletes of all time