|It started out as just another weekend in Las Vegas for Page 2's Bill Simmons and his buddies. You know the drill: blackjack, cocktails, cigarettes, hangover, blackjack, cocktails, cigarettes, hangover, blackjack . . . That's all the Sports Guy wanted. But when he sat down at a table at the Hard Rock, he got more. So much more.|
SIMMONS: TABLE KARMA
It's time for the NHL and NBA playoffs -- and for Page 2's Ralph Wiley to ask the questions that no one else will.
Derek Jeter has even more intangibles than you may realize.
HOLD THE HYPE
Page 2's Jason Whitlock says college hoops is an example of the overhype in sports.
THE SPORTS GUY
Yes, the Pistons are fine with Darko on the pine. But they'd be better with Melo on the floor.
It's the best day of the year -- Opening Day, the NCAA finale and Masters Monday.
|If your favorite writer isn't on Page 2 today, click here to check out our full roster of columnists.|
|Another oldie-but-goodie from the vault: It's Cardinals pitcher Matt Morris, left, and actor Zach Braff. Browse our archives of past pairs or click here to submit a future duo.|
If you missed Page 2 over the last week, check out our back issues:
• Thur., April 8: 715 and Beyond
• Wed., April 7: Who's on Steroids?
• Tue., April 6: Diary of a Rout
• Mon., April 5: Diamond Divinations
Other featured content:
• Hank Aaron: Baseball's Under-appreciated Legend
• Page 2's Day-by-Day Baseball Predictions
• Being . . . Allen Iverson
• The 100 Most Memorable Super Bowl Moments
• All-Time World Series Rankings
• 100 Greatest Home Runs of All Time